Friday, December 19, 2008

It's all about bouncing

I couldn't a better message to end this year's wealth drop. It's all about bouncing back... as per Rob McBride's interview. The world's economices rose and fell in 2008: China as a screaming giant showing off a magnificent Olympic Games, India no longer in back office, the US refusing to admit trouble, Latin America and Africa tired and half asleep, Europe as a mature adult worried about the long term future, and Asia showing off Chindia.

Something happened in the last couple of months and now, we just want to get over the holiday period and start a new year.

I think it's time to slow down, reconsider what is important. Take the opportunity to spend TIME doing what we LOVE and being with those who make us feel FANTASTIC... Robt thinks it is a great time to bounce back. I was puzzled and here is what we talked about. If you like more interviews, add a comment or send us a line.


Rob is an entrepreneur who lives in Venezuela and works in 3 languages: English, Spanish, and Portuguese.

Rob, what is your business about?
We provide tools for people to manage challenging situations to achieve personal and professional excellence.

How did you come up with the idea of the company?
After a sharp downturn in my last "work." It was December 13, 2001. I was in Rio de Janeiro. I realized that life is like a ball. Sometimes we are up and sometimes down. The most important thing is not where we are at a particular time but our ability to bounce at least once more ...

What has been your greatest success?
Seeing the birth of my two daughters. I realized how amazing life is!

What has been your greatest failure?
The first "great" event as a speaker. It was with more than 100 people in a half-day workshop in the Naiguatá Hall at Hotel Tamanaco -one of the top Venezuelan Hotels- with financial advisors. It was just what I dreamed about, with a group of people who did what I did, and the topic that fascinated me most: Change. I underpreformed, and did not achieve my goals, it was clear that I had not reached their expectations. Fortunately, it was also one of the best lessons I have learned and the reason why I am so good at what I do today.

What message would you give to someone who wants to be an entrepreneur?
Follow a burning desire, your idea, developed the first step of what you feel you have to do and then throw yourself into it, with the confidence that you can make adjustments in the process if necessary ...

Thanks Rob... definitely thinking about bouncing gives a different perspective to failing.

---

As you can see the future is built on the road, acting, not only thinking ... If you are affected by the financial crisis, thinking that successes and failures are part of life helps. I love Rob's message, because it gives a very refreshing vision of how to handle the possibility of a failure. He says that you can use the same energy when you are going down to bounce right back up.

you can check his site at www.inspire.com.ve


On behalf of the team Ventures Latinas and Alicia Castillo Wealthing Group, we send them our best wishes for the holiday season... Peace, joy, warmth... and get ready because one thing is for sure: 2009 will not be a boring year!

All the best,

Alicia Castillo Holley

No comments: