Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Successful

This is just a quick exchange with a reader of one of my books ...

He wrote:
By the way, I'm amazed at the life you've lived. If I am your mentee, what's the best advice can you give me to "succeed" in life, and I mean not only financially.

I responded:
You are already successful… you can read, you have access to internet, you can type, you speak the language of opportunities: English.

If you think about how far you’ve come since you were a crying baby, you’ve realized how successful you already are. The main problem today is that we have an external locus of control. We compare ourselves to others, that way we loose the capacity to do amazing things. You don’t have to be better than anyone else, you just have to be better than yourself. If you do that you always win…

How is that for a start?

...
What do you think???

No comments: